INF80007 Business Information Systems for a Rapidly Changing World
This unit of study aims to provide non-IT professionals with an understanding of the major issues facing managers in the effective use of information technology in contemporary organisations. In particular, it will focus on how to ensure that investments in IT and IS are aligned with business goals and objectives during times of rapid technical change and economic uncertainty.
- The role of IS and IT in contemporary organisations - Why IT matters in globalised markets.
- Strategic IS/IT planning, relationship to business strategy & planning, concept of dynamic alignment.
- Building required organisation-wide IS and IT capabilities associated with strategy, supply and use of IS and IT.
- Managing the IS and IT - Rest of business relationship (bridging the gap).
- IS and IT governance, risk management & mitigation.
- Enterprise Systems, issues associated with purchase, implementation, delivery of business value Supply chain and demand chain information systems, business intelligence systems.
- Issues in solutions delivery, including systems acquisition and implementation, vendor due diligence, IT contract negotiation & management.
- Delivering value from IS and IT investments - issues in IS and IT evaluation and benefits realisation.