DCO30017 Communication Design Strategy
Unit code: DCO30017
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit requires students to develop a strategic communication design project from initiation through to design production and evaluation. The project will examine the strategies underpinning a variety of commercial communication design projects and apply the skills of design research methods to a practical application.
- Accessing, analysing and presenting research data
- Developing a creative strategy and communication plan
- Investigating selected media systems
- Developing communication design concept and idea
- Executing designed communication outcomes
- Publishing a design presentation document.
Studio-based exercises and tutorial activities, peer review and critique, online submission and discussion, research and reading. A workbook/reflective journal will be maintained.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Design with a Major in Communication Design.