DCO30002 Design for Production
Unit code: DCO30002
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces a range of industry standard production processes, including mass production and one-to-many communication. It explores methods of selection and sourcing of appropriate suppliers and manufacturers in relation to a specific project outcome. Learn about workflow for production and examine communication issues for designers and manufacturers.
- Accessing, analysing and presenting research data
- Developing a creative strategy and communication plan
- Investigating selected media systems
- Developing communication design concept and idea
- Executing designed communication outcomes
- Publishing a design presentation document.
Studio-based exercises and tutorial activities, peer review and critique, online submission and discussion, research and reading. A workbook/reflective journal will be maintained.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Design with a Major in Communication Design.