DCO10007 Visual Communication
Unit code: DCO10007
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
Students will explore the relationship between type, image and meaning in visual communication. Learn about the design principles, methods and processes needed to create and develop design-based projects.
Topics for discussion may include:
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting research-based material
- Planning, management and documentation of design projects
- Creative strategies and idea generation methods
- Combining word, image and idea to create effective communication using spatial organisation methods
- Design elements and principles as a basis for developing forms suitable for visual communication
- Critical evaluation, oral and written reflection and review.