DCO30001 Capstone Project
Unit code: DCO30001
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
Students will work on a collaborative project that draws upon the skills developed during the course.
Topics will vary based on the nature of the Capstone project. Communication Design students in Melbourne will undertake an Information Design Capstone where topics for discussion may include:
- Information design principles and techniques, publication architecture, hierarchy, structure and conventions
- Researching, organising and presenting data, information and content. Interpreting and presenting data, information and content as visual explanations, editorial structures, narratives and sequences
- Information graphic devices and representational conventions
- User centred design: Graphic user interface (GUI) design principles and techniques.
Students off-campus will undertake an Advertising Design Capstone where topics may include:
- Community, brand and product advertising, brand management
- Advertising industry practices and strategic planning for advertising
- Multiple media campaigns and Communication strategies
- Literal and lateral thinking
- Creative writing and visual coherence.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Design with a Major in Communication Design.