COM10007 Professional Communication Practice
Unit code: COM10007
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to introduce the vital role communication plays in professional life. In covering ideas and skills fundamental to professional communication success, it aims to build not only competence but also your confidence in functioning as an ethical communicator able to use a range of techniques to achieve desired outcomes.
The following topics are covered in this unit:
- Basic Research Techniques
- Information Acquisition and Organisation
- Resource Evaluation
- Academic Writing Skills
- Theories of Communication
- Writing for a Corporate Audience
- Writing for the Digital Age
- Intercultural Communications
- Effective Presentation Techniques
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Media Studies.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Public Relations.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Advertising.