BUS30016 Understanding Risk Management
Unit code: BUS30016
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces students to the concept and practice of risk management in organisations. Risk management is the core of good management practice. It involves the application of a logical and systematic method to identify, analyse, evaluate and communicate risks associated with activities, functions or processes, in a way that enables organisations to minimise impact and losses. The process of managing risk as a means of enhancing effectiveness in planning operations and activities within business will be explored in this unit of study.
- Introduction to sustainable enterprise risk management
- Risk identification
- Risk reduction strategies
- Risk assessment tools and techniques
- Risk avoidance and control
- Appropriate options for dealing with risk
- Identifying and reducing social and environmental impacts of risk
- Legal risk management and compliance
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.