DDD20016 Experience Design and Usability for the Web
This unit explores the concept of Experience Design in which attention is given to the quality and effectiveness of the user experience of the product, which must be recognised and improved. The unit aims to provide skills in Experience Design and usability for digital media design practice. Through practical tasks and critical exploration of the relationship between experience design, usability, design concept and software capabilities, students will extend their understanding of the constraints of particular web design practices and ways in which they drive design. Students will develop an in-depth designed outcome based on this understanding.
After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
- Analyse a range of Experience Design practices in the development of a user-oriented product
- Create a design specification to identify the potential and constraints of web-design and Usability practices to affect design outcomes
- Develop a Digital Media Design project applying specialised Experience Design and User Testing processes
- Evaluate and apply User Testing data to improve the quality of the user experience
- Evaluate the Digital Media Design process, outcome and effectiveness of the user experience in a project document.