1. Online degrees are the same as on-campus. When you finish your course with Swinburne Online you get a degree from Swinburne University of Technology, which is ranked in the top 3% of universities worldwide. Online students can also attend the Melbourne graduation ceremony.
2. No boundaries for online study. Our students come from far and wide with around 1 out of 4 living in a regional or rural area of Australia.
3. Above and beyond support. Our Students Liaison Officers (SLOs) are on call and email from 9am-9pm on weekdays and 10am-6pm on weekends and public holidays. This level of service is an important offering for the online community given that students study in their own time – and your own time is often out of normal working hours.
4. Teachers with industry experience. eLearning Advisors (eLAs) are online tutors. They provide academic support, assessment feedback and are a consistent presence for students from week to week online. Many work in the industry they teach and some have 10 to 20+ years of industry experience.
5. Student diversity. The youngest student studying with us online is 17 and our oldest is 75. The average age of our students is 32.
6. Employability. Swinburne University is among the highest rated by the Good Universities Guide, with four-star ratings for generic (employability) skills.
7. We offer TAFE courses. That's right, in 2015 we launched our first TAFE courses meaning students can upskill for a career change or pathway to study with a university all online.
8. Magnet for sporting legends. There are two Olympic medallists studying with Swinburne Online. Australian canoer and Olympic Silver medallist Jessica Fox and swimmer Matt Levy, who took out 5 medals including Gold at the London 2012 Paralympic Games, both decided to hit the books online because it was flexible to fit in with their intense training schedules.
9. How we make it online. Swinburne University of Technology courses are adapted for online environments using technology. The design of online degree programs involves subject matter experts working with learning designers, technology designers and information specialists to bring Swinburne University’s highly respected academic curriculum together with best practice in online learning.
10. Plenty of choice. We offer 20 different degrees online across the Business, Communication, Design, Education and Social Science disciplines. This includes undergraduate and postgraduate programs.