Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Primary)
Education is changing faster than ever! Become a teacher who utilises the latest technology and teaching techniques to truly engage and inspire tomorrow’s leaders.
Collaborative group activities and school based practical placements will develop your skills in designing engaging and effective learning experiences. Be ready to identify and address diversity; tailoring the learning experience to the needs of your students.
- Course Code: GD-TEAPRI2
- Qualification level: Postgraduate
- Start date: March, July and November
- Duration: 1.5 years full time or equivalent part-time
- Number of units: 12
- School / Centre based placement: 60 days
This education online course is accredited by the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT). VIT recognition enables graduates to register as a teacher Australia wide.
The Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Primary) incorporates 60 days of professional placement in schools or early childhood settings. Visit our Education Placements page for more information.
- Primary School Teacher
To gain entry into this course, applicants must meet the following entry criteria:
- Applicants must have completed a recognised undergraduate degree
- Once enrolled, all applicants must provide relevant Child Safety Screening clearance as your state of residence requires and maintain clearances throughout the duration of the program
- Students without work or academic numeracy experience may be required to complete an online test for entry
A dedicated team is available 7 days a week providing academic, administrative and study skills support.