Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
Make a difference in the lives of little learners, and help grow the leaders of tomorrow.
Engage with children through visual arts, music, literacy and mathematics while exploring the important role of technology in education. Develop the skills to respond to family diversity, special needs and linguistically diverse children, helping them get the most out of their education.
You’ll even get to apply your studies directly through supervised placements in a range of learning environments, teaching children from birth to eight years old.
- Course Code: BA-EDUEC2
- Qualification level: Undergraduate
- Start date: March, July and November
- Duration: 4 years full time or equivalent part-time
- Number of units: 32
- School / Centre based placement: 91 days
This course is accredited by the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) and the Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). VIT recognition enables graduates to register as a teacher Australia wide.
The Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) incorporates 91 days of professional placement in schools or early childhood settings. Visit our Education Placements page for more information.
- Early childhood teacher
- Kindergarten teacher
To gain entry into this course, applicants must meet ONE of the following entry criteria:
- Have completed VCE (or interstate equivalent) with a minimum ATAR score of 60. VCE studies must have included successful completion of units 3 and 4 in English (or equivalent) with a minimum study score of 25 in English
- Hold a certificate IV or higher qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant full-time equivalent work experience
- Have obtained a combined STAT test minimum score of 50
If you don't meet the above requirements, you can also gain entry into this course by successfully completing the unit SLCO100 Learning and Communicating Online.
Once enrolled, all applicants must provide relevant Child Safety Screening clearance as your state of residence requires and maintain clearances throughout the duration of the program.
Courses are only available to Australian and New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and humanitarian visa holders.
A dedicated team is available 7 days a week providing academic, administrative and study skills support.